Local Organizing Committee with Lyn at the helm
Mar 01, 2016
The LHC was formed in 2015 and have helped enormously in the initial planning for AIDS 2016. WCC-EAA is very thankful for the members’ experienced input and service.
The Local Host Committee (LHC):
- Plans and facilitates the logistical aspects of global faith-based participation in AIDS 2016, including the pre-conference;
- Facilitates South African-based interfaith input into the pre-conference and the main conference, particularly by organizing an Interfaith Service;
- Facilitates South African-based interfaith HIV and AIDS advocacy in the lead up to AIDS 2016.
Committee members also promote faith-based input into AIDS 2016 within their respective regions, sectors, institutions and denominations.
Members of the LHC are:
- Dr Douglas Dziva (KZN Council of Churches)
- Rev Desmond Lambrecht (SANAC Religious Sector)
- Sr Alison Munro (Catholic Bishops Conference)
- Bandile Ndlazi (World Vision South Africa)
- Ms Saydon Nisa Sayed (World Council of Religions for Peace)
- Ms Lyn van Rooyen (CABSA) – Team leader